Fritz, Ernst, & Werner Schlup
The history of Rado began in 1917 in the small Swiss town of Lengnau, when the three brothers Fritz, Ernst, and Werner Schlup opened the Schlup & Co. clockwork factory. Exactly 40 years later, it became Rado Uhren AG: in 1957, the first watch collection was presented under this name ï¿½ the beginning of an unusual success story.
Since its formation, Rado had continually fascinated watch lovers all over the world with its groundbreaking innovations. With the classic Original, Rado introduced the first scratch-proof watch to the market in 1962. Many more high-tech developments have followed.
Since the 1980s, the use of special high-tech ceramics had become a well-known brand identifier of Rado watches. The greatest sensation to date, however, had been the invention of the Rado high-tech diamond. With a hardness of 10,000 Vickers, the V10K was the hardest watch in the world.
Rado watches, however, were not just famous for their premium materials, but also for their special esthetic qualities. Since 1990 alone, Rado had been the proud recipient of more than 30 international design awards.
Today, Rado is among the most treasured watch brands in the world. The company employs 470 staff in a total of 31 countries. On top of that, there are around 5900 retailers and 400 Service Centers.