Bishop de Montmorency-Laval of Metz
Baccarat came to life in 1764 with the permission of Louis XV. The glass-making house was situated in the village of Baccarat in Lorraine. At first, the company only produced tiles and mirrors as well as specialising in glass repair. It was not until 1816 that the glass production label began designing works in crystal.
Baccaratï¿½s artistic creations became recognised, and soon people all over the world were talking about them. By the end of the twentieth century, the brand had established itself in every corner of the globe, from Mexico and Cambodia to Japan and Argentina.
In 2002, the company celebrated for its Crystal creations especially chandeliers, fountains, and sculptures, surprised everyone by addingjewellery design to its portfolio. The jewellery range is called ï¿½ precious ï¿½, and pays particular attention to use of light and precious stones. The originality and boldness of the jewellery, often encrusted with gold or crystals, is an example of how Baccaratï¿½s ingenuity lies in its creative style.
After the success of the ï¿½ precious ï¿½ line, two more followed the same year. The accessory collection ï¿½ Subtle Madness ï¿½ combined crystal and fur, whereas the line baptised ï¿½ B on time ï¿½ introduced jewellery suitable for everyday wearing. Both lines received immense success.