Baron Christoff von Drecoll opened a salon in Vienna in 1902. He dressed the ladies of the Imperial Viennese court.
In 1905, he opened a branch in Paris, which was run by Monsieur and Madame Besancon de Wagner.
The years from 1905 to 1929 show two distinct styles. In the "belle époque" period Drecoll specialized in promenade gowns and evening dresses with boned bodices, tight waists and full skirts, which produced the S-shaped figure of the period.
Photographs in Les Modes show that Drecoll ensembles were fussier and trimmed with more confection than comparable outfits from other couture houses.
In the 1920's, the house was known for chic, short, low-waisted gowns teamed with the cloche hat, a tight fitting hat shaped like a bell and pulled low over the forehead. These flapper outfits were illustrated in luxury fashion magazines such as Art Gout and Beaute.
In 1929, the Besancon daughter Maggy, took over Drecoll with her husband Pierre. In the same year, Drecoll merged with the house of Beer. In 1931 a further merger took place with the house of Agnes, which had been established since 1906.
Agnes-Drecoll closed its doors in 1963.